INFERTILITY CAUSES AND TREATMENT
Fertility is a complicated thing. The complex and finely balanced process involved egg and sperm production and many factors plays role in fertilization to implantation.
Great research and studies have been achieved in infertility treatment, once the cause for infertility is identified, treatment aimed at correcting reversible etiologies and overcoming irreversible factors can be implemented with advances in assisted reproductive technology, and treatment for female infertility has made enormous progress. ART techniques combines use of fertility drugs, hormonal therapy, surgery, IUI, IVF/ICSI-ET, Egg donation, Embryo donation and Surrogacy
Causes for Male Infertility:
- Male infertility accounts 35-40% of all fertility problems and it can be classified into four main types. It is estimated that one in six couples face difficulties in conceiving. The chart below outlines the most common causes and typical treatments available.
- Azoospermia : – Causes & possible solutions
- Azoospermia – No sperm in the ejaculate
- ICSI For obstructive and non-obstructive Azoospermia(Normal spermatogenis, no sperm in the ejaculate).
- No sperm in the testis
- can’t afford IVF-ICSI treatment.
Causes for Oligo Asthenozoosperima [Abnormality in number, morphology and movement of sperm]
- Hormone deficiency
- Hyper prolactanemia
- Varicocele [abnormal swollen blood vessels around the testicles]
- Use of certain drugs like antidepressants, anticancer and anti hypertensive
- Use of steroids
- Excess alcohol
- Heavy smoking
- Frequent hot baths or saunas
- Antisperm antibodies
- Testicular cancer
- Life style variation [physical, mental stress & strain, pollution, unbalanced diet]
Possible solutions :
- Fertility drugs to increase sperm production
- Use of Antioxidants invitro or invivo
- Change in life style
- Balanced diet
- Use of donor sperms.