ASSITED EMBRYO HATCHING
Reproductive Surgery- Men
Male Reproductive System includes two testes, a network of ducts, the seminal vesicles, the prostate gland and the penis. Sperms are produced in testis and ejaculated through penis. From the production to the delivery the track is very long – In short the pathway for sperms is from
Seminiferous Tubules straight tubules Rete testis efferent ductules Epididymis Vas deferensurethra. There can be blockage at any level and few of them can be treated surgically. Few disorders of male reproductive system which can be treated surgically are as follows.
Facility at our center
- ultrasound technique to diagnose varicocele
- surgical treatment like laparoscopy and incisional techniques – “come and go” basis
- Laparoscopic varicocelectomy or conventional technique
- Non-surgical treatment options – X-ray immobilization
- Disorders in the Penis: Correction of penile deformities
- Anejaculation – absence of ejaculation
- Sperm Extraction Procedures
When there is sperm production in the testis but unable to enter into ejaculatory system, sperm has to be recovered from vas, epididymis or testis, depending upon the location of extraction. Various techniques has been developed TESA, PESA, MESA etc . This sperm can be used for IVF-ICSI.
Some of the structural abnormalities of male reproductive tract can be corrected with surgery. To treat specific medical condition or to enhance sperm production medical therapy is applicable